This Day of the Dead Dish mold is made from soft, tear resistant, very low long term shrinkage silicone. It is great or casting wax, gypsum, resins, concrete and other materials and is heat resistant up to 450°F.
Any bubbles located on the bottom of the mold due to the fact that this silicone does not require vacuum degassing, and will not affect the inside of the mold or the finished product
The physical life of the mold depends on how you use it (materials cast, frequency, etc.). Casting abrasive materials such as concrete can quickly erode mold detail, while casting non-abrasive materials (wax) will not affect mold detail. Before storing, the mold can be gently cleaned with a soap solution and rinsed with water. Rubbing the mold repeatedly or with things such as fabric and paper towels can cause scratches to the shine which will cause imperfections in the details. Molds should be stored on a level surface in a cool, dry environment.
Most artists apply heat to pop bubbles in resin once it has been poured, doing this can be harmful to your silicone mold. It can and WILL burn the resin and can damage the mold as well. The resin can burn and fuse to the silicone and if the silicone is damaged, it will cause imperfections in the finished product or cause the heated resin to stick to the silicone mold, damaging the mold itself. If you want to pop the bubbles do so with a torch or heat gun before putting it into the mold.
All molds are made to order, brand new and never used. Once orders are placed, it takes 7-10 business days to process.
Finished piece once demolded will measure 4x5 inches In diameter.
MOLDS ARE MADE TO ORDER AND ARE NOT RETURNABLE OR REFUNDABLE ONCE USED.